Plan Your Trip
Invitation and Certificate Requests
Attendees requiring request certificates and letters of invitation, please use the links below and the needed documents will be sent to you via email within 5-7 business days.
Letter of Invitation (Attendee must be registered and paid in full for the Convention before being considered for eligibility.)
Certificate of Acceptance – Poster
Certificate of Acceptance – Symposium
Vienna International Airport
Please see our Hotel page for more lodging options and to make reservations.
City Airport Train (CAT)
With a travel time of only 16 minutes from Wien-Mitte station to Vienna International Airport, CAT is the fastest means of transport by far. The CAT travels between Vienna International Airport and Wien-Mitte station every 30 minutes between 06:06 a.m. and 23:36 p.m. In addition, passengers can check in their baggage at the City Air Terminal at the Wien-Mitte railway station and get their boarding passes.
Tickets may be booked online at City Airport Train or at the CAT ticket machines at the City Air Terminal and the Vienna Airport.
City Airport Train (valid as of June 2014)
Single Ticket: EUR 11 (online) / EUR 12 (ticket machine)
Return Ticket: EUR 17 (online) / EUR 19 (ticket machine)
Other Airport Transfers:
- Bus shuttle to city center (Schwedenplatz), United Nations HQ / Austria Center Vienna, or Westbahnhof every 20 minutes (single fare EUR 8.00)
- Suburban railway S-Bahn to city center every 30 minutes (single fare EUR 4.20)
- Taxis (fare approx. EUR 33 – 40)
Wiener Linien (Vienna Transport Authority)
- Most modern and efficient network (5 underground lines, 29 tram routes, 107 bus routes, and 20 night buses)
- Short waiting times (at peak times, between 3 and 5 minutes; in the evening hours, between 5 and 15 minutes; night buses operate at 30-minute intervals)
- Operating hours daily from 5.00 a.m. to 0.30 a.m., night buses from 0.30 a.m. to 5.00 a.m.
- 24-hour operating times on underground lines on weekends
- Safe, clean, efficient, easily accessible, and good value. A European-wide test of public transportation systems in metropolises conducted by the Austrian Automobile Club ÖAMTC ranked Vienna 3rd after Munich and Helsinki.